(g) Gaffs and nets
Gaffs and nets used to boat or land a fish must not exceed 2.44m (8ft) in overall length. (When fishing from a bridge, pier or other high stationary structure, this length limitation does not apply.)
The use of a flying gaff is not permitted. Only a single hook is permitted on any gaff. Harpoon or lance attachments are prohibited.
A rope or any extension cannot be attached to the gaff.
(h) 15kg category rules
- 15kg tippet is for billfish and sharks only.
- Shock tippet length is not to exceed 100cm (1m).
- A minimum 500cm of fly line must be used.
- Flying gaffs are permitted for this line class only.
- All other GFAA rules and regulations for flyfishing apply.